Graduate Program English Language Education (S2)
Faculty of Tarbiyah and Teachers Training
State Islamic University
Faculty of Tarbiyah and Teachers Training opens a Graduate Program for English Education Department (S2), the continuation of the undergraduate program (S1) which has been in existence for fifty years since 1960. This graduate program is to give opportunity to the graduates of S1 program to further their study in the field of English language teaching.
This four –semester program is designed to facilitate the graduates for the development of disciplinary knowledge in the area of Teaching English as a Foreign Language and equip the prospective teachers with critical understanding on Language Teaching Methodologies . The practice-based and full-English program will also address the needs of the prospective teachers working in the local settings . The program is also to provide specialist training in English Language Teaching and Learning as well as in understanding the current issues in TEFL.
By the end of the program , the graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an advanced level of competence in the language program planning, teaching , and evaluation.
- Develop their language teaching and learning methodologies based on the actual needs by combining the theory and the experience.
- Relate their professional competence in wider spectrum to other disciplines or the same disciplines from other countries.
- Show comprehensive understanding of research in the field of English language teaching and be able to communicate the result of their own research orally and in writing.
Candidates for this program should have:
- a bachelor ‘s degree in English department (English education or English literature) with GPA > 2.75 (for those who graduated before 2000) or 3.0 (for those who graduated after 2000)
- some teaching experiences
- minimum TOEFL score of 500 or IELTS score of 5.5 (obtained from Language Center of UIN or any official TOEFL/IELTS center)